A blog about vintage fashion, vintage jewels and art.....

Thursday, November 7, 2013

All about PInk Roses

John William Waterhouse (1849 - 1917) 'Gather ye rosebuds while ye may' 1909

I'm a sucker for yellow roses and have chosen to have yellow roses for my wedding bouquet as well as found (by coincidence where coincidences are not actually so) that our new house came incorporated with a bush of regularly flowering yellow roses.

However there is something about pink roses that is particularly enticing. I love these images by Waterhouse, created in the early years of the 20th Century in the pre-Raphaelite phase, where his depiction of roses are exceptionally touching.


1908
Looking out for pink roses amidst my many social contacts, I came up with quite a handful of particularly exciting specimens. 

The Enchanted Home



Laughing with Angels





Cut-out Rose Handkerchief


Pink Cabbage Roses

Roses Scarf


I actually discovered a website called Pink Roses and am quite excited to add it to my regular reading list.....
Pink Roses Blog








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post! Roses are so delicate and lovely. Thank you for including the rose handkerchief. Keep up the great work!
Kind Regards,
Lorri
AllVintageHankies.etsy.com

June said...

What a beautiful post dear Marika! The first image of the women gathering roses has always been my favorite! Thank you so much for including my roses is this beautiful post!!!!!!!
sending hugs...