A blog about vintage fashion, vintage jewels and art.....

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Why Wear Grey?



There was a day and a place where I used to hate the colour grey with a passion and for many years I never wore the colour at all. Perhaps because it reminded me of grey skies which are simply not my thing. Or perhaps because I considered it a non colour and failed to appreciate its potential.

Until I realised that it is one extremely versatile colour that combines well with all the bright and interesting colours around us including red, yellow, purples, browns, blacks, whites, oranges, creams, blues, pinks.... need I go on? Here is some inspiration for those grey days and for your shopping during the sales - if it's grey, pick it up, try it on and if it suits you, chances are you'll be using it time and again. What's so grey about that?






















7 comments:

Ulla-Marie said...

I have also discovered the possibilities of gray. Better to combine with than black. And the cats ...

Deborah said...

Adoro il grigio! E il gatto รจ bellissimo!

Jamie said...

It's Jamie from I Look Good Today. I am a HUGE gray fan when it comes to clothing (mostly in the pants/skirts area). I have one pair of gray pants inparticular that I have to make myself not wear each and every week. They are definitely one of my go-to pieces. I'm so glad you found my blog and now I've found yours. I will definitely be checking in each day!

XOXO,

Jamie
http://ilookgoodtoday.com

Sharon S said...

Hi my dear-a very inspiring post, grey is most certainly stylish and such a versatile colour to wear xx

Pearl Westwood said...

I love grey its my favourite colour!!

My Castle in Spain said...

Funnily enough, i like grey even here in sunny Andalucia. It has this smoothing quality like white and perhaps is not as boring as beige ! :-)
Lala

Mimi said...

i love love love gray clothes! you're right, its versatility is amazing. :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/