A blog about vintage fashion, vintage jewels and art.....

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Where on Art - 'Money and Beauty' in Florence

















The Money-changer and his Wife - Marinus van Reymerswaele (1490-1567)

Have you ever wondered how the modern banking system developed in the Western World? To get an inkling and very good one at that, you have to travel to Italy. The coming few days offer you the last chance to visit an extraordinary exhibition still showing in Florence, which gives you the opportunity to take a journey to the roots of Florentine power in EUrope, the economic mechanisms which allowed the Florentines to dominate the world of trade and business 500 years ago and thus finance the whole machine that made the Renaissance happen.


Money and Beauty - Bankers, Botticelli and the Bonfire of the Vanities
is open until 22 January 2012 at Palazzo Strozzi, Piazza Strozzi, 50123 Firenze (Florence), Italy.
The exhibition includes masterpieces by BOtticelli, Beato Angelico, Piero del Pollaiolo, the Della Robbia family and Lorenzo di Credi - some of the best Renaissance artists.


Read more about it here.




8 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

That sounds like a thoroughly fascinating exhibition, and one that appeals to the perpetual history buff in me a great deal. The fact that (if attending was possible) I could take my Italian born husband with me and enjoy it together in the gorgeous city of Florence makes it even more exciting.

Thank you very much for your recent blog comments, dear gal, I always love hearing from you.


Big hugs & cheerful Wednesday wishes,
Jessica

Unknown said...

I love art! im studing Arts nowadays!

xx, Rachel♥

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my page and leaving a kind comment. :) I must admit, I'm quite horrible with my geography, and thus has to look up where Malta was. :) Your blog had me intrigued with such location - glad you found me and enjoyed my visit here.

Have a blessed day!


Hugs,
Jessie

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Love classic paintings! =)

pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Like your article here! Very interesting and handy! Awesome work!

Carole Poirot said...

I wish I could pop to Italy to see this - and to just spend time in Italy of course.

Thanks for your comment on my blog, I really appreciate it. Have a lovely evening xo

Samira Phoenix said...

those are great!!
what for interesting hats.

http://llkillu.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Заходите к нам, здесь всегда море свежих фильмов, качаем бесплатно [url=http://kinocircle.ru/films/teleserial/137450-bratany-vse-16-seriy-2009dvdrip.html]Братаны скачать[/url]