A blog about vintage fashion, vintage jewels and art.....

Friday, January 13, 2012

Hats on and let's Tango!



When I was in primary school we used to wear hats every day as part of our uniform. Dark green felt hat in winter, straw hat in summer. Each hat complemented each uniform and whilst they did not warm our head or cool it much, they were a staple and we accepted them as such.


You either love hats or you hate them. After my fair share of school hats and woolly hats which were demanded of me wearing in cold weather anyhow,  I cooled off somewhat and for many years refrained from wearing any form of head gear. 


Until I was convinced I should purchase a warm winter hat and realised not only how comfy it was but also how much it flattered my face. Today I count hats amongst my many invaluable accessories and would never dream of not wearing one every so often as the need arises. 


I came across this hats created by this wonderful milliner and could not resist featuring her hats on Fairyfiligree. Aren't they simply stunners? They remind me of the typical styles fashionable in the 194os and 1950s but the modern twist in each style makes them ideal contemporaries. These are literally head huggers.... 


As the late Mimi Weddell,  a great advocate of hats, used to say, "Hats give you a Frame." 



"If a woman rebels against high heeled shoes, she should take care to do it in a very smart hat." - George Bernard Shaw



Visit Behida Dolic Millinery and read more about her here




8 comments:

The Style Crone said...

These hats are absolutely fabulous. I am so excited to find another talented milliner.

Anastasia Schembri said...

How gorgeous are these hat!! I am definitely a hat person, they can add so much to even the plainest of outfits. We must make it our mission to bring them back to mainstream!!
:)

garofit said...

She makes stunning hats. I dream of owning one one day.Ok, maybe a few.

Mimi said...

i didn't wear hats growing up like you did, but i definitely like the idea of having one as part of a uniform. ;) and i want to start wearing hats. i've been wanting to get a fedora for the longest time now. ;)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Deborah said...

Bellissima la prima immagine!

Matthew Spade said...

they are great and when you see someone in a hat like these it always makes you stop and look. very elegant. thanks for stopping by

Tanvi said...

They are so creative. Wish to own one some day :)

♡ from © tanvii.com

mispapelicos said...

Wonderful hats
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX