A blog about vintage fashion, vintage jewels and art.....

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas on the way



One of my two Christmas Cactus plants was preparing itself for Christmas. This is what it looked like just one week ago.....


And here is what it looks like today....





Simply Stunning! And it tends to get better as Christmas approaches so watch out for more pictures of its development later on.

Isn't nature marvellous?

And speaking of special things connected with Christmas, the season always makes me think of some of the special things I get which I like to use round about this time of year.
Like my very special vintage brown velvet clutch... 1950s original...




This I got some 12 years ago from a tiny stall in a mews where an antique market was set up every Thursday morning in Lewisham, that's in south-east London. We were staying there for the summer and I was already into buying vintage and thrifting at the time. But I had never really bought anything of 'value' and of vintage quality such as this. I got the purse from the lady who always had the most lovely things, few but distinctive.
Look at its inside.....







It is in impeccable condition, comes complete with attached purse & mirror. Mighty chic and great vintage value - If I remember rightly I only bought it for a tenner. It was a great investment to be sure!
Funny, how I don't wear it much... but it does call for special occasions...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful. Love your site. ChattyGirl

Unknown said...

I never could get mine to bloom in time. I know I was supposed to put it in the dark for a few weeks to force it, but it never worked for me.