A blog about vintage fashion, vintage jewels and art.....

Saturday, October 24, 2009

London Calling



Just back from a whizz visit to London. High up on my list of to-dos was a visit to a number of charity shops and a stop at Portobello to visit all the vintage and second hand shops I could find. From Portobello I went off to Sloane Street and basked in the beauty of the windows of the likes of Missoni, YSL, Dolce Gabbana, Chanel and the likes. I loved the windows at Selfridges with its anniversary spread.



2 comments:

Sharon S said...

Hi there-so pleased you had a wonderful time in London and did you get anything in the charity shops? Good for you on starting the new blog, I'll add you to my list too! Have a good weekend!

FairyFiligree said...

Thanks for your interest in my blog. No I did not actually buy anything from the charity shops I visited. My son did. He found a set of 3 books which apparently are all the rage - the Garth Nix trilogy : Lirael, Sabriel, Abhorsen - all in hardback (meaning a heavy suitcase). He found them in a charity shop close to Portobello Road, bought them for STG2 each. Stunning price & he was mighty pleased with himself. We also bought a hat from Oxfam.. also for him. I just window shopped and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Today I made a couple of finds in a charity shop here in Malta though - a thick sleeveless woollen vest by Laura Ashley (price Euro 3) and a wee bag for my neice (price Euroe 1.50) Fun!